1. High signal-to-noise ratio: The digital audio recording format is a binary code, and it is only necessary to judge “0” or “1” during playback. Therefore, the noise of the recording medium has little effect on the signal-to-noise ratio of the reproduced signal. The analog audio recording format is a continuous sound signal, which is affected by noise such as tape during recording and playback, and is superimposed on the sound signal to deteriorate the sound quality. Although noise reduction measures have been taken in analog audio, they cannot be fundamentally eliminated.
2. Low distortion: In the process of analog audio recording and playback, the nonlinearity of the head will introduce distortion. Therefore, measures such as AC bias recording must be taken, but the distortion still exists. In digital audio, the magnetic head only works in both magnetic saturation and non-magnetic states, indicating 1 and 0, and there is no linear requirement for the magnetic head.
3. Good repeatability: The digital audio equipment will not deteriorate due to repeated copying and playback. In the traditional analog cassette recording, the noise recorded on the tape is increased every time it is re-recorded, so that the signal-to-noise ratio is reduced by about 3 dB for each dubbing. The sub-band is not as good as the master tape, the grandchild band is not as good as the sub-band, and the sound quality is successive deterioration.
4. The jitter rate is small: the digital sound reproduction system is operated by the time base correction circuit, and the rotation system and the instability of the drive system do not cause jitter, so it is not necessary to require a precision mechanical system like that in the analog recording.
5. Adaptability: The digital audio records the binary code. All kinds of processing can be performed as numerical operations, and the hardware can be operated without using hardware. It is easy to control by the computer, so it is adaptable.
6. Easy to integrate: Due to the digitization, it is easy to use ultra-large-scale integrated circuits, and the whole machine is easy to debug, stable in performance, high in reliability, easy to mass-produce, and can reduce costs.
MAONO is an innovative designer and manufacturer of Lavalier, Podcasting, Wireless, Shotgun, Recording microphones and accessories for Smartphone, Camera and PC, etc.