1. Prepare a suitable recording device. The choice of recording equipment depends on how high the requirements are. If you are learning initially, you can use a computer, a mixer, a sound card, a microphone, a speaker, and a recording software. Of course, using a better device will have higher requirements, and an excellent sound card will be more expressive. After all, good sound quality should be picked up from the sound source. And excellent recording software supports multi-device recording, so that your recording range is wider.
2. Note the placement of the microphone. When recording, there must be a certain distance between the mouth and the microphone. If it is too close, it is easy to hear the breathing sound. If the sound recorded too far is not clear, the effect is not obvious. It is a good method to use a noise prevention network.
3. Pay attention to the level. Make sure your recording level is within the green range to prevent audio from being clipped. In this way, it is possible to avoid unnecessary noise during the late downmixing. In addition, the higher the level of the sound, the more detailed the quantization in the digital sound, that is, the less loss of the details of the sound, so that we can get a more realistic and fuller sound.
4. Pay attention to environmental noise. When recording, try to choose a quiet place, the sound insulation of the wall is very important. If you accidentally enter the noise and want to solve it through post-processing, this is a very troublesome thing. The audio can be modified in the later stages, but the result of the modification depends on the quality of the original audio. Good recording is equal to a good mix, and vice versa.
5. Keep the pitch. Much equipment will run out during the recording process, so it is important to re-tune. When you sing, don't hold the idea that you can solve all problems by automatically tuning. Although a good recording with a good pitch requires several attempts, it is worth it. Record dry sound: It is better to record all vocals and instrument sounds without any additional automatic effects. In this case, you can have more flexibility in post-production. Once you've used the extra effect in the recording, it becomes a permanent feature of the audio and cannot be removed later. If you want to use any effect, try to keep it at a small value.
MAONO is an innovative designer and manufacturer of Lavalier, Podcasting, Wireless, Shotgun, Recording microphones and accessories for Smartphone, Camera and PC, etc.