Dante digital audio transmission technology is a 3-layer IP network technology that provides a low latency, high precision and low cost solution for point-to-point audio connections. Dante technology delivers high-precision clock signals as well as professional audio signals over Ethernet (100M or 1000M) and enables complex routing. Compared with the traditional audio transmission technology, it inherits all the advantages of CobraNet and EtherSound, such as uncompressed digital audio signal, which guarantees good sound quality; solves the complicated wiring problems in traditional audio transmission and reduces the cost; Adapt to the existing network, no special configuration is required; the audio signals in the network are marked in the form of "tags". At the same time, it has its own unique advantages:
(1) Smaller delay. In the 100M network bandwidth, when the total transmission audio channel is three, the delay is only 34μs. The Dante system automatically adjusts the available network bandwidth to minimize latency.
(2) The IEEE1588 precision clock protocol is used for clock synchronization.
(3) Using the Zero Configuration Networking protocol, the automatic configuration server automatically checks the interface device, identifies the label, and distinguishes the IP address. It does not need to start the high-level DNS or DHCP service, and saves complicated manual network configuration.
(4) High compatibility of the network. Dante technology allows audio and control data and other unrelated data streams to be shared in the same network without interference, allowing users to make the most of their existing networks without having to set up a private network for the audio system. For example, in the Dante network, you can join existing ordinary TCP/IP devices (PCs, etc.), or some audio processing software.
(5) Self-healing system. To avoid accidental audio transmission interruptions, the Dante system can set up multiple self-healing mechanisms such as clock loss, network failure, and more.
(6) The transmission mode of the audio channel can be unicast or multicast. Dante technology can be managed by IGMP (Internet Group Message Protocol), which can filter or block the broadcast audio channel according to the needs of the receiving point, which makes the routing of multicast audio controllable.
These unique advantages will be the cornerstone of Dante technology in the professional audio field and other engineering fields.
MAONO is an innovative designer and manufacturer of Lavalier, Podcasting, Wireless, Shotgun, Recording microphones and accessories for Smartphone, Camera and PC, etc.