The speaker is an important sound system of sound production, which can convert the electrical signal of the sound system into a sound signal, which brings people a rich and varied hearing enjoyment. Generally speaking, evaluating the sound quality of a sound device speaker depends not only on the volume of the speaker sound. Also need to pay attention to the following indicators.
1. Frequency response (effective frequency range): This indicator reflects the main frequency range of the speaker operation. The wider the range is, the better the sound reproduction characteristics. Generally, the minimum required frequency response of the high-fidelity speaker box is 50-12500HZ (+4 to -8dB); it is enough to reach 50-16000Hz. Of course 20-20000Hz is even better.
2. Rated impedance: refers to the impedance value measured at the input end of the speaker at a certain working frequency (intermediate frequency). The rated impedance given by the manufacturer is usually the impedance modulus at which the maximum work is obtained in the rated frequency range. The rated impedance is generally specified as 4 ohms, 8 ohms, 16 ohms, 32 ohms, etc., and 3 ohms and 6 ohms are also used abroad.
3. Power: The power level of the speaker is one of the important indicators for selecting a speaker. The nominal power of a typical loudspeaker is rated power. Rated power or rated noise power is the input power when the speaker can work continuously for a long time without generating abnormal noise.
4. Sensitivity: Characteristic sensitivity refers to the sound pressure level measured at 1m in the axial direction when the speaker is added with a pink noise signal voltage equivalent to 1W of the rated impedance. The sensitivity of a speaker has no decisive influence on sound reproduction because people can get enough volume by adjusting the output of the amplifier. However, in the speaker production, the sensitivity of the speaker is a parameter worthy of attention. The sensitivity of each speaker unit in the frequency band that is responsible for playback must be basically the same, so that the whole speaker is balanced in high, medium and low sound during playback. Especially for stereo speakers, the units used in the left and right channels must be strictly screened and matched. It is required that the output sound pressure level difference of the unit used for the left and right channels should be within plus or minus 1 dB, otherwise the sound image will be affected. The sensitivity of professional speakers is above 95dB/m.w, even as high as 120dB/m.w. The sensitivity of the home speaker is small, and it can be 92dB/m.w even if it is very large.
5. Directivity: Directivity is used to describe the ability of a loudspeaker to radiate sound waves into all directions of space.
6. Distortion: The distortion of the speaker system includes chopping distortion, intermodulation distortion and transient intermodulation distortion. The distortion characteristics of the speaker are more likely to cause deterioration of the characteristics than a single speaker.
MAONO is an innovative designer and manufacturer of Lavalier, Podcasting, Wireless, Shotgun, Recording microphones and accessories for Smartphone, Camera and PC, etc.