1. Improve the clarity, intelligibility and expressiveness of the sound, making the sound more pleasant and pleasant, reducing the sound fatigue.
2. Increasing the stereoscopic effect of the sound image, and improving the positioning and layering of the sound with the resolution of the sound.
3. Increase the loudness. Specifically, although the exciter only adds about 0.5 dB to the sound, the hearing of the sound is significantly increased.
4. Improve the sound quality of the reproduced sound. The sound loses high-frequency harmonic components during transmission and recording, and high noise occurs. The former does not use an exciter, and the latter does not. The filter filters high-frequency noise and then uses the exciter to create a high-pitched component.
5. Improve the tape copy rate. When recording a tape, the high-pitched harmonics are lost for each recording. At this time, the excitation signal can be used to compensate the signal and then recorded on the tape, which greatly improves the number of transcriptions and ensures the sound quality.
Connection in a sound reinforcement system
1. It is connected to the main amplifier to improve the sound quality of the overall sound. The exciter is connected to the amplifier because of the frequency bandwidth of the exciter output signal, which can reach 20HZ~20KHZ. If the device band behind it is not wide enough, the signal from the exciter output (in frequency) is lost. The bandwidth of modern power amplifiers has far exceeded 20HZ~20KHZ, so there will be no loss of signals.
2. It is connected to the microphone to improve the penetration of the human voice. When the sound engineer is tuning, it is often necessary to increase the volume of the singer as much as possible, but the result of the increase may cause feedback (howling). This connection can use the exciter to significantly increase the amount of sound in the microphone, and the acoustic feedback phenomenon continues to occur.
MAONO is an innovative designer and manufacturer of Lavalier, Podcasting, Wireless, Shotgun, Recording microphones and accessories for Smartphone, Camera and PC, etc.