1. Mono sound reinforcement
In the Disco Hall, the dance hall, or the background music studio, monophonic sound reinforcement is often used, and stereo sound is not required in these occasions. At this time, the sound console should be connected as follows:
(1) Use the auxiliary to send out AUXSEND, through the power amplifier (connected into the bridge type), connect the speakers in series to perform sound reinforcement. At this time, the expanded sound usually has no effect sound.
(2) Using one of the left and right channels to output or group one of the output or mixed mono output, through the power amplifier (connected into the bridge), the speaker is connected in series to expand the sound. At this time, the expanded sound usually has an effect sound.
2. Stereo sound reinforcement
Stereo sound is required in the OK Hall, Concert Hall, and Cabaret. In this case, the left and right channels are simultaneously outputted or simultaneously output using the grouped outputs 1 and 2 or the grouped outputs 3 and 4, and the sound is amplified by the power amplifier (connected to the stereo mode) and the corresponding speaker. At the same time, attention should be paid to the placement of the two speakers to maximize the stereo field. In addition, attention should be paid to the spatial sound of each sound source, and the Fader and PAN on the road should be carefully adjusted to properly arrange their spatial position. For the singing voice and the main instrument tones, the corresponding PAN is adjusted to the middle position, and the Fader is pushed up to highlight the singing voice and the main tone. If the input sound source is stereo, you must keep its original sound at the output of the sound console. You can't arbitrarily place the PAN and Fader on the road. Otherwise, the sound is confusing, and even the singing and music cannot be combined. The way to retain its original sound is that the left channel input occupies the sound console all the way, the PAN on the way is adjusted to the left, the right channel input takes up the other way of the sound console, and the PAN on the way is adjusted to the right. At the same time, the two-way fader is adjusted to the same height. The sound of such a stereo source is preserved on the left and right channel buses and the group bus.
3. About monitoring
Usually, the monitor refers to the stage monitor, that is, for the stage performers to listen to the sound, using the sound console's auxiliary send (AUX SEND), sent to the monitor amplifier, stage monitor speakers. For the sound to be monitored, turn on the corresponding auxiliary knob on the road. For the sound that does not need to be monitored, the auxiliary knob of the corresponding channel is turned off, so that it is possible to supervise the individual sounds of various music or singing. Headphone monitoring is different from stage monitoring. The earphone monitoring is used by the tuner to monitor the status of each sound source input sound console and various mixed output situations. With this type of earphone monitoring, the sound source can be checked and the various adjustments of the sound console can be corrected.
4. Connection between the effector and the sound console
(1) Using the INS jack on each road, the sound signal of the road is processed separately, and the sound signal of the road is introduced into the effector from the INS jack. After the effector is processed, the sound signal is output by the effector, and then the plug is inserted from the effector. The hole is sent back to the sound console, which is suitable for the processing of various musical and singing sounds by large orchestras.
(2) Use the auxiliary send (AUX SEND) to send the sound signal to the input end of the effector, and output it from the effector to the auxiliary return end of the sound console (AUX RTN). For the sound signal to be processed, turn on the corresponding auxiliary knob on the road. For the sound signal that does not need to be processed, turn off the corresponding auxiliary knob on the road. This connection can be handled by a single effector (for example, multiple people singing).
(3) The auxiliary signal (AUX SEND) is used to send the sound signal to the input end of the effector, and the output of the effector is connected to the line input line of a certain channel of the sound console. At this time, it is more convenient to use this road as the reprocessing of the effect (magnification, equalization, sound image, mixing ratio, etc.) and use the fader of the road as the effect mixing ratio adjustment. But all the auxiliary knobs on the road must be closed. Otherwise, there will be a whistling of the sound reinforcement system or an effect sound on the auxiliary bus.
5. About auxiliary busbars (AUX Bus)
The auxiliary bus can be used as an effect bus (Effect Bus), a monitor bus (Monitor Bus), a wired voice bus (control lighting, etc.) or can be used to record or amplify certain sources separately. In short, the more auxiliary busbars, the more convenient the tuner can use, and even the ability to control simultaneous sound playback or play various music sounds in a variety of occasions.
MAONO is an innovative designer and manufacturer of Lavalier, Podcasting, Wireless, Shotgun, Recording microphones and accessories for Smartphone, Camera and PC, etc.