1. If the season in your area is humid, open the sealed condenser microphone and try to find a closed box, such as ordering a small shockproof box, put some moisture-proof beads inside. If the desiccant is wet, it means wet. If the degree is too large, open the microphone cover and check if the inner wall of the metal is wet. If the inner wall of the microphone is wet, blow it dry with the blower, and then connect it to the device for 10 minutes and test it.
2. Rain prevention and dust prevention. Rain is the natural enemy of condenser microphones; the diaphragm of the condenser microphone will accelerate the corrosion of metal materials due to water, and will short circuit the internal circuit wires. Don't rush into the box at the end, use the hair dryer to blow dry and put it in.
3. There is a small detail, that is, when you use the microphone, it is recommended to use the table frame mainly, to avoid holding the wheat for a long time, to produce sweat, thus affecting the microphone.
4. Anti-fall, especially pay attention to the wire when pulling, do not mix the microphone stand. Impact can cause the sensitivity of the condenser microphone to be reduced or even damaged.
5. If you find that there is a problem with the locking component of the locking microphone, you must not hard lock it. You can use the electrical tape to tie the condenser microphone directly to the microphone holder, and don't take risks because of the beauty.
6. Try to avoid hot plugging operation, that is to say, do not frequently pull and plug in the condenser microphone or microphone line is energized, because the large voltage fluctuations will not only affect the system, but also reduce the life of the condenser microphone.
7. Nowadays, most of the condenser microphones on the market are powered by phantom power, that is, most of them are connected to the mixer via a microphone cable for power supply. Therefore, you should try to avoid hot swapping the microphone. Frequent large voltage fluctuations will greatly reduce the life of the microphone. So try to connect the microphone to the mixer before starting a channel, and then turn it on again. If your vacuum tube microphone can be connected directly to a power source, it is equally important to avoid hot swapping. Do not turn on the power switch of the microphone when you connect the microphone to the mixer.
8. For many vacuum tube microphones, it takes some time to warm up before reaching the optimal working condition. Microphone manufacturers often advise you to warm up the microphone for 2 to 3 minutes up to 15 minutes. So once you turn on the microphone, keep it in working state until the end of the recording.
9. Correctly use the card to insert, sometimes add or replace the microphone temporarily, pick up the card to pull out and insert, it is easy to twist or break the three legs.
10. The ideal humidity for storing microphones is 40-60%. The easiest and cheapest way to achieve this is to use a moisture barrier. Even the cheapest and worst-case moisture-proof cabinets are much better than the ones that use desiccants. And even the most expensive microphones, the warranty does not cover the damp.
MAONO is an innovative designer and manufacturer of Lavalier, Podcasting, Wireless, Shotgun, Recording microphones and accessories for Smartphone, Camera and PC, etc.