In professional audio systems, the matching of professional amplifiers and professional loudspeakers is not only matched with soft timbre (the timbre is often said to be soft and hard, but is based on the designer's design and use of timbre, but with features and personalities. ), there are some hard indicators on the technical indicators. Soft collocation is mainly based on experience and personal preference. Hard collocation is determined by data and basic technical knowledge. The following is a brief description of the four major “hard collocations” related issues.
A. Impedance Matching
1. When the tube amplifier (amplifier) is matched with the speaker, the output impedance of the amplifier should be equal to the impedance of the speaker, otherwise there will be phenomena such as reducing the output power and increasing the distortion. Fortunately, most of the amplifiers have variable output impedance matching interfaces such as 4-8-16 ohms, and impedance matching with speakers has become simpler.
2. Matching transistor amplifier (stone machine) and speaker impedance.
(1) When the speaker impedance is higher than the output impedance of the power amplifier, there is no other influence except that the output power is reduced to a different degree.
(2) When the speaker impedance is lower than the output impedance of the power amplifier, the output power increases proportionately, and the distortion level generally does not increase or increase a little to be ignored. However, the impedance of the speaker cannot be too low when matched, for example, as low as 2 ohms (refers to when two 4 Euro speakers are connected in parallel). At this time, only the power amplifier has a large amount of power, and a high-power tube with good performance and multiple parallel push-pulls are generally used. There is no impact on such amplifiers.
On the contrary, the general common power amplifier is not rich enough, and the power amplifier tube PCM, LCM is not large, when the volume is turned very large, then the distortion will increase significantly, serious timing destroys the case, pay close attention.
B. Power Matching
1. In principle, when the rated power of the speaker is different from the rated power of the power amplifier, the power of the amplifier is only related to the impedance of the speaker but not to the rated power of the speaker. Regardless of whether the speaker power is the same as the power of the amplifier; there is no impact on the work of the amplifier, but only on the safety of the speaker itself.
2. If the speaker impedance meets the matching requirements, and the power is less than the power amplifier power, then the power to promote adequate, sounds very comfortable. This is why it is often said that the power reserve of the power amplifier must be large in order to fully express the full connotation of music, especially the low-frequency part of music, with more vivid and powerful performance. This is a better match.
3. If the speaker's rated impedance is greater than the power amplifier's rated power, although both can work safely, but this time the power amplifier to promote power is not enough, will feel that lack of loudness, often appears to have been opened to saturation, distortion intensified, still feel Powerless. This is a poor match.
C. Damping Coefficient Matching
For selecting a pair of Hi-Fi speakers, there should be the best specific resistance requirements.
Under normal circumstances, the power amplifier has a higher damping coefficient. When the low-power amplifier damping coefficient is less than 10, the low frequency characteristics, output characteristics, and higher harmonic characteristics of the speaker will all deteriorate. (The number of damping for home power amplifiers is generally between tens and hundreds.)
D. Cable Matching
The material and structure of the transmission line determine three important parameters, namely, resistance, capacitance, and inductance (as well as electromagnetic effects, skin effect, proximity effect, reactance, etc.) Do not look at the small difference between these parameters, which will directly affect the frequency of the sound system. Characteristics, damping characteristics, signal rate, phase accuracy, as well as timbre orientation and sound field location. Its main role is high-speed transmission (to minimize signal loss), anti-vibration, anti-noise, anti-jamming (mainly radio wave rf1 RF interference and em1 electromagnetic interference, etc.).
MAONO is an innovative designer and manufacturer of Lavalier, Podcasting, Wireless, Shotgun, Recording microphones and accessories for Smartphone, Camera and PC, etc.