The language recording sound console is used for recording programs that use language programs as the main content, including news, teaching, symposiums, advertisements, storytelling, cross talk, and recording of small radio dramas. The general language recording studio is relatively small, and the microphone settings are only a few. Therefore, the language recording consoles are relatively small, and the input channels are only a few. Since the main content of the recording is language, the sound quality processing is relatively simple, the frequency compensation of the path is relatively simple, the external peripheral equipment is few, and the functional requirements are relatively simple. Language recording consoles generally have the following features.
1) There are six to eight independent input channels, and the input of the input path has several state options. For example, a balanced input for a condenser microphone. It also provides 48V phantom power, as well as balanced inputs for phantom-powered moving coils and other forms of microphones, balanced and unbalanced inputs. The balanced input is shared by an XLR type socket (known as the card socket), and the unbalanced line input is a separate RCA socket.
2) Each channel is provided with adjustment functions such as gain and equalization. For example, the input is a microphone and line input that can adapt to different sensitivities, and has a 3--4 step gain track and a fine adjustment knob. To prevent overloading of the input, an overload indicator light is emitted, starting at about 5 dB below the maximum level. The path is also provided with a filter (the language mixer usually only has a low frequency filter) and an equalizer. The filter is mainly used to filter out excessive low frequency components in the room or language, and also to remove low frequency noise caused by other factors such as power supply and lighting. The low limit frequency is generally between 70 Hz and 120 Hz. The equalizer is mainly used for frequency compensation of the input signal, and some modifications are made to the sound quality. Language mixers generally only have low frequency and high frequency compensation, and the compensation frequency is fixed. The low frequency is between 100 Hz and 200 Hz, and the high frequency is at 10 kHz or higher. The equalizer can be boosted or attenuated. Each channel also has an output signal attenuator to control the amount of signal sent to the main output path. The attenuator adopts a linear potentiometer, and the push-pull range is about l00mm, which is convenient to use. Another function in the path is to distribute the signal to the main output path. The main output of the compact mixer is now a two-channel stereo format with two left and right output channels. Therefore, the signal of each input channel must be distributed to the left and right outputs as needed through the “image/balance” knob. This feature is very important for the production of stereo programs.
3) There are auxiliary outputs and effect return paths. A typical language mixer has one or two auxiliary outputs. The signal of each input channel uses the "auxiliary output;" knob to control the size of the signal sent to the auxiliary output path, and the switch can be used to take the signal from the front of the attenuator or After the attenuator, the auxiliary output signals of each channel are summed up and sent out from the auxiliary output channel of the mixer, and the effect devices such as the delay device and the reverberator can be connected. The return signal of the effect device is adjusted from the effect of the mixer. The sound stage is then distributed to the main output path through the "sound/balance" potentiometer, and mixed with the original sound signal to obtain a delayed reverberation effect.
4) Monitoring and monitoring functions. In order to check the quality of the tuning, the best way is to use the monitor speakers to listen to the sound. The monitoring system of the mixer can monitor the signal of the main output channel, and can also monitor the signal processed by each channel through the filter and the equalizer through the switch, and can also monitor the signal returned by the recorder and the signal after the recording. . The monitoring function of the mixer is mainly based on the volume meter or the peak meter. Small mixers generally use a VU meter or peak meter composed of multi-segment LEDs, which can display the main output and the signal returned by the recorder in synchronization with the monitor to control the size of the output signal.
5) Call function with the studio. Since the recording room and the control room are soundproof, the mixer has the function of talking to the studio. There is a microphone and a small speaker and the call output of the mixer is connected to the talk speaker of the studio to convey the request of the sound engineer to the recorder. The recording system of the studio is automatically cut off when switching to the call state. The voice of the studio can be released with a small speaker inside the machine for two-way conversation.
MAONO is an innovative designer and manufacturer of Lavalier, Podcasting, Wireless, Shotgun, Recording microphones and accessories for Smartphone, Camera and PC, etc.