The debugging steps of the sound reinforcement system are generally divided into two aspects. The first is the debugging of the objective performance of the system, and then the debugging of the subjective effect.
1. The system objective performance debugging, the main purpose is to make reasonable settings for the product characteristics in the system and compensate for the possible defects of the system, so that the security of the system is guaranteed and provides a higher degree of reduction. The debugging of this part includes the following aspects:
(1) Set the high-pass and low-pass filters (HPF and LPF) in the crossover according to the frequency response characteristics of the speaker. The purpose is to provide the speaker with the working frequency band that it can express, and at the same time cut off the frequency band that cannot be expressed, so that the speaker should have the performance of the performance is functioning properly and does not assume work beyond its capabilities to improve safety.
(2) Perform speaker transmission time measurement and correct the time difference between different speakers. The purpose of this step is to use the delay device to correct the transmission time of the speakers in different installation positions to the main listening area, and reduce the transmission time. The internal friction caused by the phase interference.
(3) Using spectrum measurement tools to measure the defects of the frequency response characteristics of the sound reinforcement system, and use the equalizer to compensate, in order to reduce the frequency response characteristics of the sound reinforcement system due to equipment defects and environmental defects, and improve the system reduction capability. .
(4) Use the limiter to control the signal strength of the system to avoid excessive level signal entering the power amplifier. The purpose is to prevent the amplifier from inputting excessive signal and causing the cancellation distortion, thus damaging the speaker.
After completing the above steps, the objective performance of the system is debugged. At this point, the entire phase from the microphone to the speaker will be in a harmonious state.
2. The subjective effect debugging, this is based on a reductive system, the process of artistic processing of subjective listening effects. There are three aspects of microphone tuning and other source tuning and part balance processing.
(1) Microphone tuning:
① Connect the microphone, first set the input level, do not let the mixer appear distortion, and then use the balance on the mixer to compensate the microphone's own frequency response characteristics, in order to overcome the microphone's own frequency response defect. Improve the reduction of the microphone and more realistically express the sound of the sound source (singer or musical instrument).
② Based on the basis of the previous microphone's reductiveness, discover the defects of vocals (some singers' own voices have certain defects), use the mixer to balance and fine-tune, trim, improve their strengths and avoid weaknesses, and cover up defects.
③ After the above debugging, the possibility of the general microphone whistling is not big. If there are still some mics in the microphone, you can use the method of inserting the equalizer to perform targeted processing.
④ If the quality of the microphone used is normal or the sound quality of the singer is not high, the exciter can be used to change the texture.
⑤ After completing the above two steps, start adding effects. According to the singer's situation, decide to use the reverb or delay or reverb + delay effect type, set the effect, and make clean and plump effect as much as possible on the basis of satisfying the singer's requirements.
(2) Other sound sources:
① The finished sound source (including a variety of recorded sound sources): set the input level in the normal range, and then play the music listening, mainly to find the defect of the sound source itself, using the mixer balance to compensate. According to different needs and music characteristics, the mixer is used to make targeted adjustments to make the sounds that people need.
② Musical instruments: based on the system with higher degree of restoration, the performance of the instrument is generally more realistic, at this time let the musicians play, set the input level, according to the requirements of the musician or refer to the tone in the original music, the instrument The tone is adjusted to make the instrument's tone meet the requirements of the musician or close to the original. Instrument tuning sometimes requires the addition of auxiliary equipment such as compressors or noise gates to improve subjective effects.
(3) Part balance:
After each signal source input to the mixer is separately debugged, it needs to be mixed according to a certain ratio, which requires the concept of part balance.
The balance of the voice, the strength of each part of the music is not the same, some strong and weak, grasp the relationship, mainly refer to the ratio of the strength of the various instrument parts and vocal parts in the original music, Control the fader level of each channel on the mixer, so that each part is relatively harmonious, and don't feel like a master.
Every step of the work is done step by step, and the entire system can generally provide satisfactory results.
MAONO is an innovative designer and manufacturer of Lavalier, Podcasting, Wireless, Shotgun, Recording microphones and accessories for Smartphone, Camera and PC, etc.